Sneh Rana Biography
|Test debut: Half-century and four-wicket haul
|Date of Birth
|18 February 1994
|Age (as of 2023)
|Doon Valley Public School, Dehradun
|BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar
|Social Media Accounts
|Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
|173 cm (5’ 8”)
|65 kg (143 lbs)
Sneh Rana Family Members
|Late. Bhagwan Singh Rana (farmer)
|Sister- Ruchi Rana
Debut in International Cricket
|19 January 2014
|16-19 June 2021
|26 January 2014
Sneh Rana Records
|Half-century and four-wicket haul on Test debut
Interesting Facts about Sneh Rana
- Cricketing Talent: Sneh Rana is a talented Indian cricketer. She’s particularly famous for her remarkable performance on her Test debut, where she scored a half-century and took four wickets. This feat made her the first Indian woman to achieve this and only the fourth in the history of the sport.
- Tomboy Days: As a child, Sneh was quite sporty. She used to play badminton and was described by her sister as a “tomboy.” This means she loved playing rough and competitive games, often with boys.
- Early Cricket Days: At just nine years old, Sneh was already showing her passion for cricket. Her father noticed this and got her enrolled in a cricket academy called Little Master’s Academy in Dehradun.
- Educational Influence: Even while focusing on cricket, Sneh didn’t neglect her studies. Whenever she practiced cricket at the ground, she would bring her English and Maths textbooks and help teach other girls there. This shows her dedication not just to sports but also to education.
- Hurdles and Comeback: In 2016, Sneh faced a major setback due to a knee injury. Many believed her cricketing career might be over, but Sneh was determined. Instead of waiting for a full recovery, she made a comeback just two years after her injury. This determination and resilience are commendable.
- Supportive Family: Sneh comes from a humble background. Her father, a farmer, once borrowed money so she could participate in a tournament. Her family, especially her late father and mother, have been pillars of support throughout her cricketing journey.
- Off the Field: Outside of cricket, Sneh is a multi-talented individual. She loves painting, and her social media often showcases her sketches. Additionally, she’s passionate about animals, often sharing pictures with them. Her diverse interests show she’s not just an athlete but also a creative and compassionate person.
- Recognition and Honors: Apart from her achievements in cricket, Sneh has been recognized for her talent. She was awarded the “Women of the series” in a tournament in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, highlighting her exceptional skills and contributions to the game.
- Role Model: Through her journey, especially her comeback after injury, Sneh has become an inspiration for many. She believes in never giving up and has shown that with hard work and determination, one can overcome any challenge.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is Sneh Rana?
Sneh Rana is an Indian cricketer known for her notable performance on her Test debut, where she scored a half-century and took four wickets. This achievement marked her as the first Indian woman and the fourth in the history of the sport to accomplish this feat.
What is the caste of Sneh Rana?
Sneh Rana belongs to a Rajput family.
Who is the Father of Sneh Rana?
The father of Sneh Rana is Late. Bhagwan Singh Rana was a farmer by profession.
Who is the Husband of Sneh Rana?
As per the latest information, Sneh Rana is unmarried. Thus, there is no information available about her husband or marital status.